• “Fish and Fishing in the Mid-Columbia” Presentation @Callaway Gardens Senior Living, Kennewick, WA, 2 pm December 16, 2017
• Tri-Cities Sportsman Show. Book signing at Griggs/Ace Sporting Goods Booth. 11 am-2 pm Saturday January 20, 2018
• Othello Crane Festival “Feral Fish of the West: Good, Bad or Indifferent?” TBD. Saturday March 24, 2017
• Kennewick Community Education. “Let’s Fish! Top 10 Sport Fish in the Mid-Columbia” 10-11:30 am, Saturday, April 21, 2018.
Dennis was a member of the Humanities Washington Speakers Bureau from 2011-2013 and 2015 – 2016 where he spoke on the social and environmental aspects of dam removal and the history of fish and fishing in the Columbia Basin, respectively.
The following is a partial list of topics and venues where Dennis has made presentations. Please contact him if your group is looking for an entertaining and informative speaker.
• The Plight of Unusual Native Fishes not Protected under the Endangered Species Act. Sandhill Crane Festival. Othello, WA. March 25, 2017
• Salmon Recovery on the Dry Side. Basecamp Books & Bites. Science/Author Night. Roslyn, WA. December 8, 2016
• Colonial-Nesting Waterbirds: Glorious and Gregarious Group or Killer of Baby Salmon? Blue Mountain Audubon Society. Walla Walla, WA. April 21, 2016.
• What’s More Important: Salmon, Fish-Eating Birds, Sea Lions or Minnows? Othello Sandhill Crane Festival. Othello, WA. March 19, 2016.
• Let’s Fish! Top 10 Sport Fish from the Mid-Columbia. Kennewick Community Education. March 2016
• February 10, 2015 – Fishing Blue Mountain Streams, Columbia Basin Flycasters. County Gentleman, Kennewick, WA. 7PM
• March 22, 2015 – Half Empty or Half Full? A Balanced Rationale about Dam Removal. Harstine Hall. Harstine Island, WA, 2PM (Sponsored by Humanities Washington)
• Ecology of Dam Removal, Columbia Cascade Fisheries Enhancement Group, Tonasket, WA, April 10, 2014
• Stream Birds of the Blues: Natural History and Ecology. Othello Crane Festival, Othello, WA March 29, 2014.
• History of Fish and Fishing in the Columbia Basin, Twisp Grange, Twisp, WA, March 15, 2012