The following is a partial list of topics I have presented to public schools, civic and conservation groups, museums, and interested scientific organizations over the past several years. Of particular interest to me are those about the natural history and ecology of Columbia River fishes and Blue Mountain streams. Please contact me if your group is looking for an entertaining and informative speaker.
• Dam Removal or Status Quo. A Balanced Perspective.
• Fly Fishing Blue Mountain Streams for Trout and Steelhead
• Tales of Natural History and Adventure on the Columbia River.
• The Plight of Unusual Native Fishes not Protected under the Endangered Species Act.
• What’s More Important: Salmon, Fish-Eating Birds, Sea Lions or Minnows?
• Stream Birds of the Blues: Natural History and Ecology.
• History of Fish and Fishing in the Columbia Basin.
Upcoming Venue: I’m looking forward to the annual meeting of Friends of the Weston Library on April 18 where I will discuss making the transition from a career scientist to writing for the general public.
Two library events are planned over the summer. July 8 at the Weston Library and July 14 at the Burbank Library.