• Book Signing. Bookworm. Kennewick WA. 11 am to 2 pm. April 8
• Book Signing, Inklings. Yakima, WA 11 am to 1 pm, May 6
• Book Signing, 2017 Washington Fly Fishing Fair, Kittitas County Fairgrounds, Ellensburg WA, 2 to 4 pm, May 6.
Dennis was a member of the Humanities Washington Speakers Bureau from 2015 – 2016 where he spoke on the social and environmental aspects of dam removal in the Pacific Northwest.
The following is a partial list of other topics and venues that Dennis has spoken on. Please contact him if you would like him to speak with your group.
• The Plight of Unusual Native Fishes not Protected under the Endangered Species Act. Sandhill Crane Festival. Othello, WA. March 25, 2017
• Salmon Recovery on the Dry Side. Basecamp Books & Bites. Science/Author Night. Roslyn, WA. December 8, 2016
• Colonial-Nesting Waterbirds: Glorious and Gregarious Group or Killer of Baby Salmon? Blue Mountain Audubon Society. Walla Walla, WA. April 21, 2016.
• Sharing Science and Nature with the Public. WA-BC Chapter American Fisheries Society. Chelan, WA. March 31, 2016.
• What’s More Important: Salmon, Fish-Eating Birds, Sea Lions or Minnows? Othello Sandhill Crane Festival. Othello, WA. March 19, 2016.
• Let’s Fish! Top 10 Sport Fish from the Mid-Columbia. Kennewick Community Education. March 2016
• February 10, 2015 – Fishing Blue Mountain Streams, Columbia Basin Flycasters. County Gentleman, Kennewick, WA. 7PM
• March 22, 2015 – Half Empty or Half Full? A Balanced Rationale about Dam Removal. Harstine Hall. Harstine Island, WA, 2PM (Sponsored by Humanities Washington)
• March 28, 2015 – History of Dams in the Pacific Northwest. Consequences of Removal, Othello Sandhill Crane Festival, Othello, WA
• Ecology of Dam Removal, Columbia Cascade Fisheries Enhancement Group, Tonasket, WA, April 10, 2014
• Stream Birds of the Blues: Natural History and Ecology. Othello Crane Festival, Othello, WA March 29, 2014.
• History of Fish and Fishing in the Columbia Basin, Twisp Grange, Twisp, WA, March 15, 2012