• I plan to attend a gathering of outdoor writers, guides, fishing gear manufacturers and other interested parties called “Fish Camp” at the Peach Beach RV Park, WA. September 11-14, 2017
Dennis was a member of the Humanities Washington Speakers Bureau from 2015 – 2016 where he spoke on the social and environmental aspects of dam removal in the Pacific Northwest. He previously spoke widely about the history of fish and fishing in the Columbia Basin. Another favorite topic is the conflict between resource management agencies and stakeholder interests that relate to salmon management.
The following is a partial list of other topics and venues Dennis has recently spoken on. Please contact him if your group is looking for an entertaining and informative speaker.
• The Plight of Unusual Native Fishes not Protected under the Endangered Species Act. Sandhill Crane Festival. Othello, WA. March 25, 2017
• Salmon Recovery on the Dry Side. Basecamp Books & Bites. Science/Author Night. Roslyn, WA. December 8, 2016
• Colonial-Nesting Waterbirds: Glorious and Gregarious Group or Killer of Baby Salmon? Blue Mountain Audubon Society. Walla Walla, WA. April 21, 2016.
• Sharing Science and Nature with the Public. WA-BC Chapter American Fisheries Society. Chelan, WA. March 31, 2016.
• What’s More Important: Salmon, Fish-Eating Birds, Sea Lions or Minnows? Othello Sandhill Crane Festival. Othello, WA. March 19, 2016.
• Let’s Fish! Top 10 Sport Fish from the Mid-Columbia. Kennewick Community Education. March 2016
• February 10, 2015 – Fishing Blue Mountain Streams, Columbia Basin Flycasters. County Gentleman, Kennewick, WA. 7PM
• March 22, 2015 – Half Empty or Half Full? A Balanced Rationale about Dam Removal. Harstine Hall. Harstine Island, WA, 2PM (Sponsored by Humanities Washington)
• March 28, 2015 – History of Dams in the Pacific Northwest. Consequences of Removal, Othello Sandhill Crane Festival, Othello, WA
• Ecology of Dam Removal, Columbia Cascade Fisheries Enhancement Group, Tonasket, WA, April 10, 2014
• Stream Birds of the Blues: Natural History and Ecology. Othello Crane Festival, Othello, WA March 29, 2014.
• History of Fish and Fishing in the Columbia Basin, Twisp Grange, Twisp, WA, March 15, 2012